Busing returns to pre-pandemic levels
As the new school year begins this fall, transportation to and from school will be restored to our pre-pandemic levels:
- Elementary (preK-5) = Student living .5 miles or further from school can ride a bus
- Secondary (grades 6-12) = Students living 1 mile or further from school can ride a bus
- GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) = Students living 1 mile or further from Stillwater Middle School can ride a bus
Bus routes will be drawn in the coming weeks, and all families who are eligible for transportation will receive their route information prior to the start of school.
- All eligible students in grades K-8 will automatically be scheduled to a bus route. (Click here if your child requires transportation from a location other than your home address, or if you wish to decline transportation).
- High school students in grades 9-12 will need to register for transportation. (Note: If you already registered for busing this spring, there is no need to re-register at this time.)
We know how important safe and reliable transportation is to our families and we are committed to working with our new vendor, Schmitty & Sons, to ensure quality service for the new school year.
Questions about transportation?
Contact our Transportation Office at email@example.com or 651-351-8377. You can also contact Schmitty & Sons directly at 651-309‐4601 to report any issues with busing.
In Other News
A new look, a new mantra. Learn more about the new Stillwater Area Public Schools!
Start times will be flip flopping for elementary and secondary students beginning in the 2025-2026 school year.
The district will implement a new early start, early end calendar beginning in the 2025-2026 school year, while next year's calendar will maintain the status quo.
The books feature engaging, diverse perspectives that will enrich student learning in social studies and science.
Voters approved a bond request to replace Lake Elmo and Andersen, expand Oak-Land and improve safety and security district wide and at the high school.
A complete breakfast and lunch meal will be provided at no cost for all students.
Mark your calendar for these important back-to-school dates.
A calendar has been approved for the 2023-2024 school year.